Friday, January 11, 2013

Gabrielle Poplar - Published Author Interview with Darmie Orem


INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHT


I have the privilege to interview Gabrielle Poplar, the author of The Custodian of Luima Legacy.

Welcome to I Darmie Orem Blog, as well as Authors' Curtilage with Darmie Orem.

“Thank You Darmie, I’m glad to be here.”


Luima! The word makes me curious. It held me glued to this book! It sounds supernatural, like some sort of magical treasure. When I read part of the book, It seemed Agan went on a trip to get the Luima sword, but later, when the Junya council gathered to discuss his trip, it read as if the Luima are a tribe. What really are the Luima?

“The Luima of Bahadi are seven persons with life substances capable of switching on seven weapons that produce light in the different colors of the rainbow. They are also responsible for different aspects of the Bahadi economy, e.g. Green Luima is responsible for farming etc.
There is an extra Luima in another friendly Kingdom called Dinachi, he is the Infra-Red Luima, and at the beginning of the book his death started the political intrigue in the novel.”


After Agan returned from his journey, in his briefings to the council and the King, he said, "I stopped the convoy of the Luima of Dinachi, as the council requested, but the Luima did not travel with his sword."

“Agan was sent by King Arpad and the Junya council to steal the Infra-red Luima’s sword. Arpad is the king of Estruchi, and he wanted a Luima weapon to press his claim for freedom from paying tribute to Bahadi. As you read from the novel, he didn’t succeed in getting that weapon, but he killed the Infra-red Luima before asking for the sword.”

Estruchi, is that a fabricated city or a living place in existence?

“It is a fabricated word, just as Dinachi and Bahadi are also fabricated names. You probably shouldn’t expect less from a fantasy world. (smile)”


*Smiles* But of course I know that. I just want to keep the interview flowing. And I’m succeding Out of all the members of the Junya council, Fastian alone appeared to have the word of wisdom, i.e. an insight into situations by which known facts are correctly applied to solve problems or read outcome of actions or do something right.

“Fastian is portrayed as a skilled First Minister of Estruchi, and he is very diplomatic. He stays factual and adjusts well to situations. Your perception may be very right, but I see him more as someone who is worldly wise.”

Is he the protagonist or the Prince who struck his mother the Queen dead with the Jebo staff gifted him by the King?

“Fastian is the protagonist. He is the Custodian of the Luima Legacy. His family kept the Queen’s sword a secret from the Prince and his descendants for 400 years. They were to give it only to the Queen’s descendant that proves worthy. Apparently they had to wait a long time.”


The Queen at her death bed said, "Cust... Custodiret illum semen quod dignum probat." Then she died. What language is that?

“Latin, and the statement was interpreted in the novel.”


Can we get to meed an author?


“I am a mother, a wife, and a believer in Christ. I started writing to put down the stories in my head in a way that would be entertaining, but also filled with messages for the reader to think about.”


When did you first start writing?

“As a teenager and I must confess my first novel was really bad. After that, I stopped writing, and ideas would float through my mind, that I would consider writing down, but I never got around to doing it. However, I started this novel about a year ago, and I was able to complete it.”


What was your family reaction when you started writing and take it serious?


“They still think it is a bug that’ll pass. I hope to disappoint them.”


Custodian of the Luima Legacy is an epic fantasy
novel. Where did you get the ideas for the book?

“Darmie, I don’t know. However, a book I read every day starts a phrase about inspiration like this: There is a spirit in man…”


*Giggles* I should say you are right about that. There is a spirit or spirits in men. The ones within me, that brings me ideas, make me see words through another words, ask me to go to book store to buy books without looking at them, talks to me about story concepts and make me wanna go crazy if I don't put them down; I don't know where they come from! God is wonderful. He is sure the God of diverse gifts and Literature!

Plus endless book revision, editing and all, how long did it take you to get this book published?

“I am a self-published author, so the time line was much shorter. Initially, I jumped in head first after I finished writing the book, then I started receiving feedback from reviewers that I have a good book but it needs to be refined, so I stepped back and handed it off to a professional editor. In all it has taken 9 months to get the current product.”


What are the ups and downs for putting the ideas together for this book?


“The initial idea I had for the book was killed by my spouse. He said it was too lame. I had to rewrite it twice before he grunted his satisfaction. That changed the tone of the book completely, hopefully for the better.”

What have you learned writing this book?

“Writing a good novel is not enough. Marketing is key, and so is, good relations with other authors and bloggers.”


Quickly tell your potential readers briefly what else you would want them to know about the Custodian of the Luima Legacy.

“Read it now. The Heir to the Luima Legacy should be out this January (2013). As they say, the story continues.”


Okay Gab. You’ve heard it from the horse’s mouth, read the book, The Custodian of the Luima Legacy. I was trying to give away some part of it for you guy, but that didn’t work!
Please provide links to your Website/blog, your social media profiles, and links to purchase The Custodian of the Luima Legacy.








Thanks Gabrielle, for stopping by at I Am Darmie Orem and Authors' Curtilage with Darmie Orem.

“Thank you, Darmie, for having me. It’s been a pleasure to visit your blogs. I wish you the very best with your publishing efforts.”


Thank you, Gabrielle. I wish you fame and fortune and all that you desire in this industry. Do you have closing thoughts, for your potential readers, this season?

“Yes. I wish all my readers a Happy New Year, filled with joy and happiness.”






2 comments:

  1. I found the interview very enlightening.....I really enjoyed IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, God! Mitchell, i apologise profusely I'm just getting to your beautiful comment. Been tied down on many things. Thanks you so much for stopping by. I'm glad you found the interview fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Mother's Day

A mother's worth is incalculable and cannot be overstated. She gives up her wants and needs to ensure your happiness. Her presence in yo...